Chief Commercial/Revenue Officer
ABOUT THE ROLE
uBeam is seeking to hire a Chief Commercial Officer/Chief Revenue Officer. uBeam is the inventor of ultrasonic power-at-a-distance Always-On Wireless EnergyTM, utilizing ultra-safe ultrasonic array technology to deliver reliable, long-range wire-free charging. By developing proprietary transducers, transmitters, receivers, and custom enterprise software, uBeam’s technology delivers usable power to devices ranging from portable electronics, medical, aerospace, automotive, and in particular IoT devices and networks. Significant revenue-generating experience in these fields, coupled with successful B2B licensing experience is essential. Experience in acoustic technology, phased array radar or ultrasound is also highly beneficial.
The CCO/CRO will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is primarily concerned with ensuring the commercial success and revenue generation of the organization. The role will require a combination of strong technical solution selling skills with strong marketing and business development skills. The CCO will take ownership of the customer and the customer interface with the company’s product and service offering, making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives. The CCO will lead the sales and marketing team in drafting, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions that will enable the company to achieve its short and long-term objectives. He/she should have a successful track record in the electronics industry, in both large company and start-up environments, and preferably in B2B technology licensing and sales. The CCO/CRO will be required to present to the Board of Directors on a regular basis, and from time to time will be involved in fund-raising activities on behalf of the company.
Significant experience in a Startup environment.
- Deep background in the B2B technology licensing model (selling to OEMs with have made rights from CMs).
- Successful experience in fund raising and pitching to investors.
- Handle special assignments, do in-depth analysis, follow up on various files and work closely in concert with all members of the Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of the company’s commercial mission, goals and financial objectives.
- Develop short and long-term revenue plans and budgets, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance. Ensure systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the department.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel. Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel.
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regard to all commercial functions including sales, marketing, business development and customer support/customer experience.
- Manage sales operations organization, field sales organization, and manufacturer’s agents, distributors and value-added-resellers to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop annual marketing plans per region and per market verticals.
- Manage sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio.
- Interact with the technology deployment and operations teams to ensure a smooth flow through process in the CRM system from the outset to the closing stage.
- Develop and monitor quality metrics to ensure outstanding service and customer support.
- Cultivate a culture of focused hard work and openness.
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
- Identify and rapidly capture new market opportunities for the company’s product portfolio.
- Develop and drive the pricing and licensing model strategy of the organization.
- Develop and administer incentive plans which entice individuals as well as teams to perform successfully against the objectives while respecting the budget.
- Elaborate a rolling three (3) year product roadmap in conjunction with the Technology/Operations team and lead its implementation.
Hold a pertinent undergraduate university degree, preferably with an MBA or relevant master’s degree.
- Have considerable experience presenting at Board of Directors meetings.
- At least 15-20 years of experience in an overall commercial/business function having held executive roles in recognized innovative organizations.
- Experience in a fast growth start-up environment and a decentralized environment.
- Experience at working in a “performance based” environment in order to foster it within the team.
- Problem solving – Brings a problem-solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Agility – Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing start-up organization.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies.
- Experience in dealing with issues on an international basis: understanding of the North American and European landscape (knowledge of the Asian market would be a plus).
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to supervise and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal negotiation skills.
- Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize commercial strategies.
- Ability to efficiently interact with board members.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Outstanding sales and marketing skills.
- Senior executive experience and presence.
- Superior organizational awareness.
Benefits that are 2nd to none! Health, dental, vision, and other
Team Lunches / Food and Snacks