Hardware/Software Lead Design Engineer
We are seeking a highly-motivated lead design engineer, with extensive experience in the field of hardware and software product design, to add to our R&D division. This candidate will have a strong command of multi-disciplined engineering fundamentals to include electrical, mechanical, software and systems, with a specialization in electrical and electronic design. Recent experience in the development of high performance, impedance matched ultrasound sensor circuits is highly desirable. Experience shall include expert level use of electronic design automation tools (schematic capture, VHDL, circuit simulation), knowledge of high voltage, analog and digital circuit design concepts, FPGA and embedded processor application design, PCB and ASIC design, bench level circuit debug and analysis skills with a passion for problem solving and root cause analysis. The candidate must have superior communication skills and a demonstrated ability to lead and mentor other engineers. We pride ourselves on being a fast-paced, technically capable, and high-performing team that is developing ground-breaking technology. The lead design engineer is a high impact position that will help drive the direction of uBeam’s HW/SW group and general product design content. A demonstrated volume product development ability and successful product launch track record is required.
- The HW/SW lead will develop high performance and impedance matched circuits for electro-mechanical ultrasound sensors, develop hardware and software test benches and guide overall lead of circuit design and software development work that occurs at uBeam.
- Develop other engineers in the HW/SW group in various areas of design and physics, potentially including (but not limited to) impedance matching, RF and phased array circuit design, board level circuit and application design, analog and mixed-signal ASIC development, FPGA/Embedded system development, PCB design, vision and beamforming hardware and software development, and ME fixture and product design direction.
- Set up test benches and prove experiment design.
- Conceive and create new circuits for electro-mechanical transducers
- Coordinate close feedback between experiment and simulation.
- Coordinate with the HW/SW director to determine the long-term goals of the HW/SW group.
- Stay abreast of competitive technologies
- Ensure safety of HW/SW labs and uBeam team members.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related technical field.
- At least 10 years of industry experience in design of high performance electro-mechanical impedance matched circuits.
- Experience in MEMS sensing circuit design, energy harvesting, or acoustic transducer design.
- Must be well-versed in circuit and software development
- Proficient in MATLAB.
- Expertise in at least one of the following sensing circuit technologies: piezoelectric, electrostatic, electromagnetic.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related technical field.
- Design expertise in one of the following areas: MEMs electrical circuit design, impedance matching circuit design, precession instrument circuit design or mixed signal ASIC design
- Electro-mechanical interface modelling of acoustic propagation
- Experience with various higher-level programming languages.
- Experience with PSPICE, Hardware Description Languages, Circuit CAD tools, laboratory equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, DVM’s and various other specialized test equipment
- Experience in wireless power transfer technology development.
- Experience in a wide range of high performance sensing circuits for various transduction technologies
- Experience developing commercial and consumer electronic products.
- MUST have the ability to stand or sit for an extended period of time
- May require lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Work may involve exposure to chemicals used in processing such as, solvents and/or epoxies.
- This current position is based in Santa Monica, CA, but uBeam reserves the right to move the position at any time to another location in/out of state.